Wenger reveals team news ahead of Stoke clash

35

Arsene Wenger has provided the latest team news update ahead of Saturday evening’s Premier League encounter with Stoke.

The Gunners kicked off their campaign with a 4-3 win over Leicester last Friday night, and now face an away trip to what has been a tricky destination for us.

There’s some good news in terms of our defensive set-up, with both of our German centre-halves back in the squad and ready for selection after missing the opening day.

“From last week I think Mertesacker will be available again,” he said. “For Sanchez it’s a bit early but he works hard in training,” he said.

“The medical people think Saturday is too soon but he should be available for the game against Liverpool.

“He is working hard, his recovery is going well, but we have to be cautious as it was a muscle strain.”

Wenger also confirmed that Shkodran Mustafi and Francis Coquelin would be back in the squad for trip to the Ray Winstone Arena, while Laurent Koscielny completes his suspension after being sent off against Everton on the final day of last season.

Leave a Reply

35 Comments on "Wenger reveals team news ahead of Stoke clash"

avatar
Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted