Rosicky disappointed at lack of action

Tomas Rosicky has expressed his disappointment that he has barely played for Arsenal this season, and said that although he’s expressed his concerns to Arsene Wenger, it’s too soon to consider asking for a transfer.

The Czech veteran signed a new contract last season which takes him up to the end of the current campaign, but so far his involvement has amounted to 2o minutes in the Community Shield and a couple of minutes at the end of the Champions League qualifier away to Besiktas.

Back in his home country for the Interlull, he spoke to the local press who asked if he was unhappy with how things have been going so far.

I am sorry that I did not get a chance, it’s a shame. While the team isn’t playing very well, I thought that I could help but if you’re not on the pitch there’s nothing you can do.”

They pressed him on whether or not he’d spoken to Arsene Wenger about it, and he replied, “I don’t want to talk about it. We had a little conversation! He does not want me leaving Arsenal, but of course for me it’s not easy.

“It is is too soon [to talk about a transfer]. We played five games, the season is still getting going. The Champions League starts, the schedule will be great.

“We’ll see how it looks in the coming weeks, months. I am disappointed that I did not get a chance, but that’s the only thing I can be.

I have to be poised for the moment, and to take my chance when it comes. That’s the only thing I can do.”

The fact that Arsenal have already had games with red cards and players forced off early through injury means the manager hasn’t been able to use Rosicky in games that were, at times, crying out for his energy and drive.

So if his teammates could stop getting banjaxed and sent off, I’m sure we’ll see more of him in the near future.

Thanks to @RYO_cleverfish for the heads up

guest
93 Comments
oldest
newest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
Dan Gunn
Dan Gunn
5 years ago

It was crying out for Rosicky on Sunday!

GunnerG
GunnerG
Reply to  Dan Gunn

Welbeck. shock

gooner
gooner
Reply to  Dan Gunn

first sylvestre now who?

f*cking shite!!!!!!

Reidar
Reidar
Reply to  Dan Gunn

Sunday would have been perfect for him. We really, really needed somebody with drive and energy that game.. in fact, I’d play him regurarly against lower half opponents. When you have that good a player itching to prove himself it’s pretty damn crazy to play half-jaded players instead.

I’ve always thought this is one of Wengers greatest tactical weaknesses, rotating in hungry players against lesser opposition isn’t only about resting your best players.. but rather often they actually perform better because they’re giving it 100% mentally.

gooner50
gooner50
Reply to  Dan Gunn

I’d take Rosicky over Cazorla any day. Not to say the Spanish Gnome isn’t a bad player he did decent against Leicester he just isn’t consistent and doesn’t show up for big games. Rosicky seems to get better with age. We could have done worse than Welbeck but we could have done better. Hopefully Arsene can put to use his talent for developing young players. Dissapointed we didnt get a CB and especially Defensive Mid, but it is what it is. Surprised Falcao didnt sign with us or maybe he didnt want to or Wenger didnt want him. He doesn’t… Read more »

Arsepedant
Arsepedant
Reply to  gooner50

We didn’t go after Falcao because he gets paid 346,000 pounds per week.

Gooner in Spain
Gooner in Spain
Reply to  gooner50

The problem is that Ozil & Caziorla are both players whose intensity leaves something to be desired. I love me some Santi though am still not entirely convinced by Ozil, but Rosicky brings technique and speed to the play. He forces defenders to commit, something the aforementioned rarely do. I’ve been crying out for him all season.

Gooner in Spain
Gooner in Spain

*Cazorla*

Loop A Hole
Loop A Hole
5 years ago

Thought it was about transfer market. Thank god it’s something else..

NCGunner
NCGunner
5 years ago

Dear Tomas….I think we are all disappointed in the lack of action to be honest.

nc

neutral
neutral
Reply to  NCGunner

TDD
Transfer Disappointment Day

Parmeet
Parmeet
5 years ago

Surely Tomas would make a better striker than Sanogo!

Ces1ne
Ces1ne
Reply to  Parmeet

Why not….can’t get any worse till Giroud comes back

Rosicky striker resume:
–Has a wicked strike on him
–quick in short bursts with & without the ball
–presses defensively from the front just like Alexis
–likes to drive forward
–shown a nose for goal in the box over the years (especially against the Spuds)

goonerbynature
goonerbynature
5 years ago

Mildly paradoxical that we’re short of options and yet have players who want game time.

Can Rosicky fill in at the back?

Lindhe
Lindhe
5 years ago

Replace Özil with Rosicky or play Özil centrally…

Truth hurts
Truth hurts
5 years ago

ARSENAL PREPARE FOR YOUR WORST SEASON EVER!!!’

halifa11
halifa11
Reply to  Truth hurts

Well if it has to be… we can only hope that by the end of it we can at least say that we got rid of HIM!!!!

RID OF HIM!

HIMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emmanuel
Reply to  halifa11

He(Wenger) is more problem than a solution. His philosophy about the game is ancient in this modern dispenstation. He is the most stubborn person I’ve seen, always seems to prove mourihno right”specialist in failure”, and he make us (fans) nervous, and show no sympathy for our feelings. No wonder why you were label by mourihno as a special in failure; I can understand his point.

goonytunes
goonytunes
5 years ago

I feel for you tomas. Wenger’s lost the plot with regards to “rotation”. Oh and of course with transfers too

Fricative
Fricative
5 years ago

Have a little faith in Wenger, you muppets!

Andreas
Andreas
Reply to  Fricative

Do not defend the stubborn, stingy Wenger.He is being ridiculating Arsenal the last 10 years.Enough is enough.

neutral
neutral
Reply to  Fricative

Law: Arsene, Monaco says United are making a better offer for Falcao, what should we do? Wenger: It’s a bluff, let them think it over until tomorrow Law: Sporting say that 20M is not going to do it for Carvalho, what’s our move boss Wenger: Let’s raise them by 1, a 20,000,001 bid and they’ll fold, you’ll see. Law: Dortmund are holding firm on that greek guy, what’s his name … Pastapopolis? Wenger: Klopp can’t play poker, I know what I’m doing here. Let’s bid 40M for Reus, that will shake them up. In 3.5 hours we will all know,… Read more »

Misog
Misog
Reply to  neutral

Leave that crack pipe alone

Me
Me
5 years ago

We haven’t done anything more than replace outgoing players.

Other teams have strengthened just replaced.

Wenger has done the bare minimum and has been hailed as a genius.

He will be found out like he is found out every season when we are decimated with injuries as we are every season…

Makes you believe what Mourinho says about him pisses Arsenal fans off because they know he is right…

AllGunsABlazin
5 years ago

I think the same can be said for Campbell. Lots to offer, no opportunities to do so thanks to red cards and injuries. We seriously haven’t played a game without an injury yet.

Momo (@MuhamLAD)
Momo (@MuhamLAD)
5 years ago

I’m pretty sure past couple of seasons he hasn’t been involved heavily until the 2nd half of the season. Might be wrong though.

renaissancerosicky
renaissancerosicky
5 years ago

And that, ladies and gents, is what we call a professional.

MaliceMajorE15
MaliceMajorE15
5 years ago

I think if we had both rosicky and Alexis on the pitch we’d definitely have a whole lotta hustle. Winning the ball back high up the pitch and counter-attacking with pace. AW likes rosicky in the big games. Dare we deploy this tactic against city?

TR7
TR7
5 years ago

He’s a better left mid option than Santi or Ozil for sure. The latter 2 should be fighting it out for a single CAM spot.

gooner50
gooner50
Reply to  TR7

Ozil should not play on the wing, he himself said he played on the left for Germany because Reus was injured and he’s a team player. I think he was putting in mildly that he isn’t effective on the left, which everyone knows and why Wenger would play him there is beyond me. Put Sanchez and Chambo on the fllanks for speed. At the least Rosicky and Sanchez. It’s Ozil’ second season the honeymoon period and adjustment to the PL is over, as should be the rustiness from the World Cup. Him and Cazorla had a nice little interplay with… Read more »

The Beast
The Beast
5 years ago

Opportunities will come for Mozart we have a long season ahead of us and a lot of big games to come where we need Mozart our big game player.

Nasris wallet
Nasris wallet
5 years ago

Can we sign some footballers please!

kafka
kafka
5 years ago

I think Rosicky is too fast to play in this team given our current desire to put the opposition to sleep before springing a surprise pass.
Joking, but only just.

kafka
kafka
5 years ago

I’m not complaining, mind. Just curious. Eventually Bloggs always publishes me.

Goon
Goon
5 years ago

He deserved a start ahead of Wilshere in a couple of games this season.

jedi
jedi
5 years ago

Not a singles transfer and your favorite player talking about leaving the club.

Great fucking day chaps.

lanre
lanre
5 years ago

Wenger is no genius… rather “was” a genius. He’s lost it totally.

fury
fury
5 years ago

I have been wondering why he isnt playing, he is our most experienced player, i demand to see more of him

spinner
spinner
5 years ago

BBC Sport are reporting that the Falcao loan fee to Monaco was £6m (wages were on top of this).

Why the fucking hell did we not get him??????

WindyCityArse
WindyCityArse
Reply to  spinner

Would kill Sanogo.

Andy Mack
Andy Mack
Reply to  spinner

His salary.
Rather a lot for a guy getting over a cruciate injury.

Arsepedant
Arsepedant
Reply to  spinner

Because, as you yourself said, wages were on top of this. And his wage is £346,000 per week.

Naveen
Naveen
5 years ago

MY FAVORITE ARSENAL PLAYER !

All those hurried runs , all the skiddy tackles , the simple smile , that outside of the right boot finish …..

Arsepedant
Arsepedant
Reply to  Naveen

That goal against Spurms last year at the Shit Hole …

Stuart shepherd
Stuart shepherd
5 years ago

He definitely should be able to show his skills

SoundMate
SoundMate
5 years ago

This is ridiculous! I can’t begin to imagine the affect this has on the current squad as the fans are livid with the lack of transfer news. If Alexis gets injured we are completely doomed. Wenger needs to get a grip,he is deluded if he thinks sanogo can win us the league at 21. He lacks experience,Wenger you arrogant stubborn turd,looks like we will get Danny Wellbeck……..doomed.

Kenyan Gooner
Kenyan Gooner
5 years ago

I’d have brought him in for Ozil on Sunday. Sure he’ll even start games this season.

Deano

Danny Welbeck well I’m just blown away

GunnerG
GunnerG
Reply to  Deano

In state of shock

Eddy Kelly scores!
Eddy Kelly scores!
5 years ago

I have supported this club through thick and thin since the 1960’s. For those of us of a certain age, the club has been transformed in the Wenger years. I cannot understand the vitriol expressed in these comments. How many of these missives are written by ex pro footballers, agents and managers, and how many by plumbers, electricians, driving instructors etc? I really don’t want to read ill informed rants that belong on the Sp*rs or Manure Web sites. Whether we like it or not, there is a professional back room team at The Emirates doing the best they can… Read more »

Yikes
Yikes
5 years ago

What you say is true, but don’t tell me you weren’t pissed off when Joe Baker was sold and replaced with Bobby Gould.

Ditto McLintock out – Mancini in
Likewise Brady out – Peter Nicholas in
And Stapleton out – Hankin or Chapman in (take your pick, they were both dreadful)

Andy Mack
Andy Mack

EKs, Well said.

Misog
Misog
5 years ago

Spot on mate, I read these comments in shock sometimes
Haven’t got a clue most of the Wally’s that comment on here

abusufyan
5 years ago

Arsene Wenger please play Tomas Rosicky for us he can make thigs happen at any time, he is too good to be dropped for Ramsey, Wilshere, or Flamini

Deano
5 years ago

According to that balague we are possibly getting a central midfielder who can play cb

gooner
gooner
Reply to  Deano

well that’s what welbeck does. He’s a stricker who runs around all those positions and hates scoring

Du'aine
Du'aine
5 years ago

I would like to thank all the fans who have demanded a striker for Danny Welbeck. Really great stuff.

mikebradthomas
mikebradthomas
5 years ago

Apparently we are getting welbeck, from falcao to welbeck; how the mighty have fallen

Tibetan Gooner
Tibetan Gooner
5 years ago

So RVP Has been replaced before we replace rvp at emerites since 2012….What’s wenger been cooking?

Yikes
Yikes
5 years ago

satellite broadcaster says Welbeck having medical at Arsenal.

I don’t usually trust or believe the broadcaster in question, but you never know, they might be telling the truth for a change.

spinner
spinner

Welbeck?

Fuck this! Fuck all of this! Motherfuckers!

Exiledgooner
Exiledgooner
5 years ago

Having gone to watch the Arsenal since the age of six, and having loved and supported Wenger for years, I can now say that I remember exactly wheny faith was fatally shattered: when I came home from the first day back at work to the news that the answer to Arsenal’s problems is Danny Cunting Welbeck. Colour me disillusioned, chaps. I’m done for the day.

Cygan'sBaldSpot
Cygan'sBaldSpot
5 years ago

Arseblog reporting that DANNY FUCKING WELBECK is having a medical at Arsenal.

Jesus christ. I wasn’t expecting much but really, what the fuck?! Apparently it’s a 6million LOAN deal. Round about the same price united paid to get Falcao for the season. it’s laughable to be honest. I’m sure he can come in and do some sort of a job, albeit a poor mans Danny Sturridge type job. I guess we’re never going to get this top striker that we so crave.

Andy Mack
Andy Mack
5 years ago

This is a fine example of someone reading half a story and repeating it. If the papers are to be believed the loan fee was 6m plus wages. His wages are over 13m per year. total thought to be over 20m for one year only. I don’t want us paying that for a guy recovering from a cruciate injury.

Steve
Steve
5 years ago

Oh please!!! Loan tranny welbeck for six million, orpay for manure to spend that amount on loaning falco!!!! Wenger whatever drugs you are taking STOP

Cygan'sBaldSpot
Cygan'sBaldSpot
5 years ago

Maybe Arsene was tripping and thought he signed Danny Sturridge.

Yikes
Yikes
5 years ago

If the ‘shrooms kick in before eleven, we might see Danny Glover in red & white come the weekend

Yikes
Yikes
5 years ago

Why do satellite broadcasters employ presenters that can’t pronounce player’s names properly, nor form complete sentences?

I know that they aren’t real journalists, but the least they could do is select from their stable of clothes horses those that demonstrate a competent level of speech and pronunciation.

Having some basic grounding in / research into football might be useful too.

Ces1ne
Ces1ne

Us too Tommy, us too

Sean
Sean
5 years ago

How about this? Wenger should start every game with Rosicky and pick a midfield around him. Last season he was by far the most consistent energetic performer and this year with the team bordering on boredom he can’t get a sniff – what gives Arsene?

gooner50
gooner50
Reply to  Sean

that goal against Spurs was fockin awesome’

rocky7
rocky7

Six Defenders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ces1ne
Ces1ne
Reply to  rocky7

Do we really have that many??

Andy Mack
Andy Mack
Reply to  Ces1ne

7 including Hector (he’s very good for his age but we shouldn’t have to rely on him yet)

lerpy
lerpy
5 years ago

any news on how Arsene’s charity game went?

heroldgoon
heroldgoon
Reply to  lerpy

Hear he was chased off the pitch and told to go sign some fucking players even they know we ned signings…

Steve
Steve
5 years ago

Danny welbeck wants a straight transfer lol what are the chances of that? Bit like the ba situation last year, nice one Wenger!!!

bob
bob
5 years ago

Looks like we’re signing Pickles O’Toole to replace Rosicky. I also hear we’re in a shock move to sign Dingle McCringleberry, a player we missed out on last year.

Yikes
Yikes
Reply to  bob

alas, O’Toole has only been brought in on a season long loan to cover Arteta / Matthew Flame.

I’m sure he’ll (puts coat on) cut the mustard though (leaves)

Forfucksake
Forfucksake
5 years ago

Goodbye 4th spot. Rosiky complaining about lack of action? WTF is going on today? Must say Rosiky brings more dynamics to the attack and if he is fit then its mad not to use him. In Wenger we? I hope he enjoys the charity match in Rome as much as we enjoy seeing Fab in a chelski shirt and Falcao having medical at manure to end our cherished or despised fourth spot. Go on welbeck you can do it