Arsene Wenger has revealed that Santi Cazorla has had another medical procedure to help cure his ongoing Achilles problems, and has cast further doubt on the Spaniard playing again this season.
The midfielder underwent surgery back in December, but further treatment has been required, meaning he’s going to be sidelined for much longer than first thought.
Last week the Arsenal manager said he was unsure when Cazorla would play again, and delivered more bad news on Friday.
“He had a little procedure,” he said, “and I have a meeting with the medical people today to see what it was.”
“Certainly he will not be available in the next six weeks, that is for sure.
“I hope he will be back this season but you have to count six weeks preparation and right now he’s not at that level.
“Let’s hope he can come back in the next three or four weeks on the pitch.”
Not much we can say other than get well soon, and let’s hope he can find his way back to fitness quicker than it appears right now.